By default, XT, 4K, and XD players support a maximum of two active
<video> elements at any time (HD/LS423 LS models only support one). You can have more than this amount of
<video> elements on a page as long as additional
<video> elements have their
src attribute set to an empty string. By modifying the
src string, you can enable and disable
<video> elements on the page.
BrightSign players do not support videos that are less than 64 pixels in width or height. However, a video can be scaled down beyond this limit by making the
<video> element smaller than 64x64. To get the desired downscaling behavior, ensure that the
<video> element does not have the
XTx44, XTx43, 4Kx42XTx34, XDx33, and XDx33 4Kx42 models can display HTML pages using 4K video modes (3840x2160 or 4096x2160).
The XTx44 and XTx43 supports a native 4K HTML graphics plane (see this page for more details). Note the following performance restrictions when using native 4K HTML graphics:
- Animations will not exceed 20 FPS (and intensive animations may exhibit very low framerates).
- Non-HWZ video is likewise limited to 20 FPS, so HWZ should be enabled for video elements in native 4K.
- We recommend displaying only one or two 4K images at a time (for example, a slideshow with a current image and next image preloaded). Images should not exceed 4096x2160 in size.
- We recommend using swap memory if possible.
- Pages that use many layers may run out of memory in native 4K. Enabling the
gfxmemlargesetting may help mitigate this issue.
4Kx42, XDx34, XDx33
The 4Kx42, XDx34, and XDx33 support graphics up to 1920x1200 (see this page for more details), which can then be upscaled to a 4K video mode. For the 4Kx42 and XDx33 models, pages must be specified as 1920x1080 (or 2048x1080 for DCI 4K); they can then be upscaled to 4K.
Images larger than 2048x1280x32bpp (or 4096x2160x32bpp for XT, 4K, XTx34, and XDx33 players) will not be displayed by default. If a 4K video mode is used, the player will upscale images from HD resolution accordingly (though native 4K graphics can be enabled on the XTx43). The default limit can be increased in BrightScript using the roVideoMode.SetImageSizeThreshold() method.
The amount of memory available for HTML applications varies by model:
XTx43, XTx44: 512MB for graphics; 512MB for JavaSript
|Rendering Engine||Version||BrightSign FW Versions|
|Chromium||45||7.1.x, 7.0.x, 6.2.x|
|WebKit||--||5.1.x, 5.0.x, 4.8.x, 4.7.x|