This page outlines the hardware and software requirements for your server instance to run BSNEE. It also outlines how to meet the server software requirements.
- 1.4 GHz or faster Dual Core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 6GB free hard disk space
- Network connection
- A minimum hardware configuration should be used for testing/evaluation purposes only.
- Device logs should be disabled with a minimum hardware configuration.
- A maximum of 50 networked devices is recommended with this configuration
- 2.2 GHz or faster Quad Core processor (Intel Xeon is preferred)
- 16GB of RAM
- 50GB free hard disk space for Temporary Storage
- 1TB additional free hard disk space for Persistent Storage (high-performance RAID configuration is preferred)
- 1 Gbps network connection
- This hardware configuration is recommended for production use.
- A maximum of 500 networked devices is recommended with this configuration. If you want to increase the maximum amount of networked devices, note the following:
- A more powerful CPU is required for operations stemming from the SQL server, Device Handlers node, and the Scheduler service.
- More RAM is required for intensive processing of device logs (when all log types are enabled for every device), the SQL server, and the Scheduler service.
- More free hard disk space is required for Persistent Storage and device log reports. Intensive operations may also be bottlenecked by the speed of the HDD.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64, with IIS installed)
- MS SQL Server 2012 (including Express Edition)
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later
- X.509 certificate issued for the BSNEE Web Services node (described below) with the following attributes:
- The “CN” attribute represents the target host (for example, “*.mydomain.com” or “api.mydomain.com”). The installer uses this value to validate the bindings configuration.
- The certificate is issued using the Microsoft RSA/Schannel Cryptographic Provider or the Microsoft DDS and Diffie-Hellman/Schannel Cryptographic Provider.
The X.509 certificate is required by WS-* (WS-Security) specifications for message-level encryption in WCF services, as well as transport-level encryption for compliance with the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1, which is used by the BSN API on the Web Services node.
If your BSNEE Web Services node is using a self-signed certificate, you will need to switch to a certificate signed by a certificate authority (CA) before upgrading BSNEE. An example of a free CA service can be found here.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with IIS installed)
- MS SQL Server 2014 (including Express Edition) or 2016
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later
- X.509 certificate issued for the BSNEE Web Services node
If you're upgrading your SQL server instance, you can try the SQL Server Developer Edition, which provides SQL Server Enterprise functionality and is free for non-production use. Make sure to consider the license agreement before using it.
BrightSign Software Requirements
- Target BrightAuthor version: 4.7.1.x
- Minimum required BrightAuthor version: 18.104.22.168
- Minimum player firmware version:
4K242, 4K1042, 4K1142
XD232, XD1032, XD1132
XD230, XD1030, XD1230
HD220, HD1020, AU320
HD210(w), HD1010(w), TD1012